Focus: Toddler prayers
Before You Begin:
No prep is required for this one!
The Prayer Time!
Small children will love this finger play that guides them through a time of prayer sing their own “praying hands.” Try it with your whole family, letting the younger children lead!
- My thumb is smallest it’s plain to see. It’s a reminder to pray for me!
- My pointing finger shows me where to go. I’ll pray for those who guide me as I grow.
- My middle finger stands so tall, I’ll thank God because he watches over all.
- Finger number four is weaker than the rest. Please God, care for those who need your rest.
- My very last finger is tiny like a child. I’ll pray for other kids across the whole world wide.
As your family recites each line of “Praying Hands” together, and refers to the indicated finger, stop for a moment to pray as directed by the rhyme.
Looking for More?
Find Amy Nappa on Amazon.com
Check out a few of Amy’s YouTube videos
Discover more about Amy’s memoir, Hard Way Home